World Youth Conference Mexico 2010. Our great job!


World Youth Conference Mexico 2010
Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico. August 2010

I have this special memory, a great team, an international group of volunteers all around the Globe united by one phrase: "Say it aloud". From the 23°-27° August we, brothers and sisters now, share a common sense and feeling about what is going on about the Millenium Development Goals from United Nations to achieve in 2015. 

The main project for us was being part of a Global effort, get along with all difficulties, start sharing our experiences and work together. All of us worked very hard on each of our jobs and those roles were teachers of new perspectives about life, about peace, about genre, about young people.

When it was time to take action in our reality, there we were. When it was time to sing together, there we were. We don't have time to stop, it all was a common race.

As part of the Press and Image Coordination Team for the volunteers at the WYC 2010, my experience started in a bus, way to Mexico City. The Volunteers Coordination call me and I have a meeting with them just the next day after. So I grab all my things, and started this journey.
Days passed by, and I have the privilege of working inside the pool of dreams that constructed the WYC 2010.

Later and during the days the WYC lasted,  my job was the photographic area and I am indebted with all my special team. They accomplished to be one soul, one million of eyes in plenty of moments. But the most important part was that we travel inside the world young proposals, we taste a bit of a large half century of United Nations job and we get the global shirt of  "take action now". 

I could write for hours about what we experienced there, it was just amazing, but we are now in October, and each of us has a plan to do, new objectives to achieve. Get involved you too and give yourself an schedule of what have you done so far. 
If ever you see this text volunteer, feel free to remember what I left the last day in our office, it says:

"This is just the beginning.

I know I'll miss you, I lost my role of activities. I know that fighting for peace is surfing in a sea which destiny we only decide as members of a crew. I know I found you and a catharsis of emotions dress my with fantasy. I'm so different but so equal to you when we are smiling. Where's everybody going so fast, I just want to stay with you forever volunteer. Take hope with you, never give up, build new challenges with leadership, imagine. I know you have to go, don't worry, we're covered by the same blue energy up above everyday. Take an army of friends to your heart and never forget about me, this is just the beginning."



Comments

Popular Posts